Different types of heart problems treated by Cardiologists in Kolkata
The cardiovascular system is a network of arteries and veins and the heart is the most muscular organ of this system and rather of the body. It pumps up the blood through the cardiovascular system. Oxygen and other nutrients are supplied to each cell and tissue through that pumped up blood and in return, it carries the wastes along with carbon dioxide to the lungs.
The coronary arteries, which are a network full of blood vessels supply both the oxygen and blood to the heart by surrounding the heart muscles. The flow of blood collapses when fatty acids and cholesterol are deposited on the inner walls of the heart and blocks the coronary arteries. When more than one coronary artery gets blocked by the build-up deposits, a person suffers from a heart attack. Patients suffering from difficulties in breathing or chest pain are immediately referred to cardiologists in Kolkata.
The heart specialists in Kolkata have the expertise in diagnosing and treating different ailments of the cardiovascular system. According to the best cardiologists in Kolkata, some of the major visible symptoms, which trigger a heart attack are - nausea, bloating, burning sensation in the chest, and pain in the left hand.
The responsibility of a cardiologist in Kolkata is to diagnose the aforementioned symptoms and check the patient’s medical history. If the patient is having trouble while breathing or feeling uneasy, then the medical professional will take immediate actions such as conducting an electrocardiogram in the heart of the patient. On the basis of their tests and diagnosis, they further give medications and if found necessary, then they refer the patient to cardiac surgeons for surgical intervention.
Different types of Cardiologists in Kolkata
In the medical field, cardiology is one of the most complex subjects. Cardiologists in Kolkata specialize in different areas of cardiology and treat different types of cardiovascular problems. The different types of heart specialists working in Kolkata are -
- Invasive Cardiologists - Invasive cardiologists provide surgical remedies and follow minimal procedures. Their surgical procedures are mainly catheter-based.
- Non-invasive Cardiologists - Unlike the above-mentioned one, the non-invasive cardiologists in Kolkata offer drug therapy and provide treatment through medications. In case a patient needs to have surgical intervention, the non-invasive cardiologists timely refer them to a professional cardiac surgeon. The non-invasive cardiologists in Kolkata diagnose through ECG tests, nuclear tests, and echograms.
- Interventional Cardiologists - They diagnose cardiac problems by performing advanced treatment procedures, such as unblocking arteries, angioplasty, stent implantation, and heart catheterization. After the diagnosis, based on the result and severity of the patient’s suffering, they pursue surgical treatments.
- Electrophysiologists - They study the bio-electrical impulses, which take care of the pace of the heart rates. The electrophysiologists are responsible for installing the pacemakers and regulating the heart rates of their patients.
- Pediatric Cardiologists - As the name suggests, pediatric cardiologists diagnose, and treat heart ailments found among children.
What are the heart diseases treated by the top cardiologists in Kolkata?
As mentioned above, the cardiologists in Kolkata are trained in different fields of heart problems. The top heart specialists in Kolkata treat the following heart problems -
- Heart Attack - The most common and frequent heart problem found among the citizens of Kolkata is a heart attack. Due to a lack of blood and oxygen, the cardiovascular system fails to work. Heart attack takes place when the blood clots within the vessels. Numbness in the left hand, acute chest pain, shortness of breath, and fatigue are some of the main symptoms of heart attacks. The best cardiologists in Kolkata provide proper treatments including, surgery if necessary, medications, rehabilitation, changes in lifestyle, and angioplasty.
- Coronary Artery Diseases - Coronary Artery disease takes place when the blood vessels around the heart damages due to the increasing deposits of fatty acids, cholesterol, and tobacco. The inner walls of the coronary system get blocked and cannot supply the required blood. This problem occurs due to obesity, constant smoking, anxiety, sudden changes in lifestyle, accidental injury, high blood pressure, and cholesterol. If not taken care of timely, then the problem can be life-threatening as it causes a major heart attack.
- Arrhythmia - This is another common heart problem treated by cardio specialists in Kolkata. It is an abnormal heart rhythm that occurs when the electrical impulses in the heart are majorly disrupted. As a result, the patient goes through an abnormal heart rhythm along with other complications such as minor chest pain and anxiety attacks. Special heart specialists in Kolkata treat this disease with promptness, experience, and professionalism.
- Heart muscle disease - Another major type of disease treated by the top heart specialists in Kolkata is a heart muscle disease. It is better known as cardiomyopathy. Bloated stomach and swollen legs are two major symptoms of this disease. This disease takes place among the patients when they have implanted any device in their body, and changed medications in time of heart transplantation.
How can Orko’s Appointment help you in finding the best Cardiologists in Kolkata?
On the user-friendly portal of Orko’s Appointment, you can easily find the renowned cardiologists in Kolkata for having all sorts of medical treatments for cardiovascular ailments. With just a search with “top cardiologists in Kolkata”, you get a list of experienced physicians in Kolkata. Besides, Orko’s Appointment provides verified contact details, chamber addresses, and mailing addresses of the professionals. You can also find reviews and fees of the medical consultants on the portal, which will help you decide which one to choose. Even, you can book your appointment online too.