Neurologists in Kolkata
Neurologists are medical professionals who treat the brain and the nerve system of the human body. The neurologists in Kolkata provide thorough diagnosis and treatment of neurological disorders. They are experienced professionals in treating varied brain disorders and nerve system-related disorders including stroke, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, migraine, epilepsy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, and more.
The top neurologists in Kolkata believe that the human brain is a complex system that sometimes voluntarily and sometimes involuntarily controls the activities of the entire human body. The nervous system helps the human brain in controlling the activities of the rest of the human body by collecting and carrying information. So, if the brain or the nervous system gets damaged or find complexities, then that can lead to several dysfunctionalities of the human body.
When should one consult with the neurologists in Kolkata?
If you are going through the following problems, then it is time to consult with the neurologist near you -
1. Chronic headache along with nausea - This is one prim symptom of migraine. Headache can occur due to lack of sleep, gas, stress, anxiety, flu, and cold. However, a chronic headache can be a symptom of a brain tumor, migraine, and hypertension. Along with chronic headaches, if you are feeling nauseated too, then it is time to see a neurologist.
2. Dizziness - It is also known as the spinning experience by vertigo patients. Sudden dizziness can be caused by lack of sleep, sunstroke, or a heavy dose of any medicine. However, if one is constantly suffering from dizziness then it is might be related to any damage or illness caused in your brain or nervous system. In such a case, consult with the top neurologists in Kolkata.
3. Tingling or numbness - Tingling or numbness in certain places of your body indicates a lack of blood circulation in that section. If you are suffering from chronic numbness in one part of your body, then consultation with a medical professional should be done on an immediate basis. This problem is oriented with the nervous system.
4. Movement problems - As mentioned above, the brain system controls the movement and main activities of the human body. If a person is suffering from movement problems, which your general physician is unable to cure, then you should visit a neuro doctor in Kolkata. He or she will diagnose the root cause and will provide treatment accordingly.
Types of diseases and disorders related to the neurological system
Stroke - Primarily heart stroke is a cardiological disorder. However, the aftermath of a minor or major heart attack can lead to several neurological dysfunctions. Paralysis, dizziness, nausea, and absentmindedness are some of the major consequences. In that case, help from an experienced and professional neurologist is required.
Alzheimer’s disease - It is also known as dementia. Forgetfulness or short-time memory loss is the primary symptom, which later leads to the person forgetting almost everything. It is one of the serious neurological disorders, which need special care.
Epilepsy - This is another crucial neurological ailment in which patients’ brains start acting abnormally. As a result, the patients start to lose their normal awareness. It is unfortunate to mention that medical practitioners have not been able to find a permanent cure for this particular ailment. However, with the right medication, this ailment can be controlled. Hence, help from a neuro doctor is required.
Migraine - This is one of those neurological diseases, which is neglected often as a normal headache. It causes nausea, vomiting, chronic headache, and acute exhaustion.
ALS - ALS or Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis is the loss of muscle control due to the damage in the nerve cells of the brain and spinal cord. If not taken care of in the primary stage, then in the later stage, a patient can get paralyzed too.
Brain Abscess - It is a condition in which a patient’s brain is filled with any puss made of bacteria or fungus. It occurs generally after any head injury and causes swelling. If not taken care of in time then in the future deadly consequences may appear.
Charges of neurological tests and treatments
CT Scan - Above 1000
MRI - Above 2000
EMG - Starts from 1800
OPD Consultation - Near about 500 and more
NCV or Nerve conduction velocity - Above 3500
Open Brain Surgery - About 4,50,000
(All of these are subjected to change, depends on the clinics, and the reputed physicians of Kolkata)
How can Orko’s Appointment help you in finding the best neurologists near me?
On the user-friendly portal of Orko’s Appointment, you can easily find the renowned neurologists in Kolkata for having all sorts of medical treatments for neurological ailments. With just a search with “top neurologists in Kolkata”, you get a list of experienced physicians in Kolkata. Besides, Orko’s Appointment provides verified contact details, chamber addresses, and mailing addresses of the professionals. You can also find reviews and fees of the medical consultants on the portal, which will help you decide which one to choose. Even, you can book your appointment online too.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do the best neurologists in Kolkata perform surgeries?
If found necessary, then the experienced, skilled, and licenses neurologist doctors in Kolkata perform surgical interventions after doing a thorough diagnosis and consultation.
2. Can the neurologists in Kolkata treat nerve-related problems?
Yes, they treat nervous disorders. However, the treatment depends on the type and severity of the problem. It depends on which stage the patient’s nervous problem is in.
3. Do the neurologists near me treat migraines?
Neurology treats brain and nervous system-related problems. Migraine or repetitive headache is related to the neurological system. Hence, it is treated by neurologist doctors in Kolkata.
4. Do I need to disclose my medical history to the neurologists?
Every patient should be always transparent to his/her physician regarding their medical history. Especially, when one has suffered any chronic diseases, he or she should let the doctor know about the ailment. It helps them in properly diagnosing and treating the problem.
5. What is the consultation fee charged by the neurologists in Kolkata?
The consultation fee charged by the best neurologists in Kolkata ranges from 500 to 2000 and above.