Find the best Oncologists in Kolkata
Different types of Oncologists
- Paediatric Oncologist - They diagnose and treat cancer and malignancy of children before they reach their adolescence.
- Neuro-oncologist - The neuro-oncologist treats cancerous tumors, which take place in the nervous system, such as the brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerves.
- Medical Oncologist - The medical oncologists in Kolkata are known for treating cancer with the help of chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapy, and hormone therapy along with medicines.
- Radiation Oncologists - They are experts in using radiation therapy along with palliative therapy to reduce tumor growth and to kill cancer cells.
- Surgical Oncologist - They perform a surgical intervention to remove cancerous tumors. The best oncologist surgeons in Kolkata perform biopsies to first diagnose cancerous growth.
- Hematologist Oncologist - They trace cancerous growth in the blood cells. They treat myeloma, lymphoma, and leukemia.
What is the consultation fee charged by different oncologists in Kolkata?
- Radiation oncologist - Rs. 700 to 2500 and can be above
- Medical oncologist - Rs. 1000 to 5000 and can be above
- Gynecologic oncologist - Rs. 500 to 2500 and can be above
- Hematologist oncologist - Rs. 1200 to 2500 and can be above
- Pediatric oncologist - Rs. 600 to 2500
- Surgical Oncologist - Rs. 300 to 2500 and can be above
How can Orko’s Appointment help you in finding the best oncologists in Kolkata?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Oncological treatment is covered by medical insurance?
A: It depends on the kind of medical insurance the patient has. It is best to consult with the insurance provider for acquiring the right information.
2. Do the Oncologists provide privacy and confidentiality from the third-party intervention?
A: Yes, every oncologist in Kolkata maintains integrity. They never disclose any kind of patient information to third parties. They are professional and understand the need for confidentiality.
3. What are the side effects of Oncological treatment?
A: The side-effects of oncological treatments include the following -
- Concentration and memory loss
- Blood clots
- Nail color change
- Hair loss
- Appetite loss
4. How long does it take to have an appointment with an Oncologist?
A: It completely depends on the oncologists. Some appointments can be scheduled within the same day and some might take two or three days.
5. Do the Oncologists near me provide home assistance?
A: Yes, they provide it only when the patient is unable and too ill to move. To acquire such convenience, sometimes you need to have special referrals.
6. What are the differences between a surgical oncologist and a medical oncologist?
A: A surgical oncologist performs a surgical intervention to remove cancerous tumors and pursue a biopsy. On the other hand, a medical oncologist treats his patients by performing different types of therapies and medications.
7. What types of Oncologists are available in Kolkata?
A: There are different types of Oncologist available in Kolkata, they are -
- Medical Oncologist
- Surgical Oncologist
- Pediatric Oncologist
- Radiation Oncologist
- Hematologist Oncologist
- Gynecologic Oncologist
- Neuro Oncologist
8. What is the consultation fee charged by the Oncologists in Kolkata?
A: The consultation fee charged by the Oncologists in Kolkata ranges from 500 to 2000 and above.
sharethis sharing button Sharetwitter sharing button Tweetfacebook sharing button Sharesms sharing button Sharewhatsapp sharing button Shareemail sharing button Emailarrow_right sharing button