Contact the Ophthalmologists in Kolkata to avoid any eye problem
The Ophthalmologists of Kolkata are trained and experienced professionals, who diagnose and treat different types of eye and vision problems. Their medication involves oral medicines as well as surgical intervention. For malignant patients, they provide chemo or cryotherapy. The doctor specializes in several special fields such as glaucoma, cataract surgery, cryotherapy, pediatrics, and such.
Why is a regular eye checkup required to keep better eye health?
The Ophthalmologists of Kolkata are trained and experienced doctors who just not diagnose different eye problems but also diagnose some of the riskiest and systematic ailments. The best eye experts in Kolkata always recommend that a regular eye checkup is necessary after the age of 40. According to them, after this age, a regular eye checkup can help in preventing many pivotal eyes and other health problems. The following points will help to understand how the best Ophthalmologists in Kolkata can help their patients maintaining better health -
- With the help of proper screening and going through a patient’s past health records, they decide what to prescribe and what not. They believe that the lifestyle, age along with their family health records can impact their patients’ health problems.
- Both advantages and disadvantages are oriented with the dietary supplements prescribed for eye health. Hence, before you add any new supplements to your diet, you should be consulting a renowned eye specialist in Kolkata.
- There are many eye problems, which do not show any kind of symptoms earlier. Later with their full impact, they disable many abilities related to vision and other eye activities. Consulting with an Ophthalmologist can help you in diagnosing such problems earlier. With proper treatment, such problems are unlikely to occur. Generally glaucoma and ocular melanoma.
- An Ophthalmologist helps in maintaining a healthy lifestyle too by suggesting how to make better lifestyle choices. They provide suggestions for protecting the eyes from harmful UV rays. Moreover, they are known for providing personalized suggestions too to protect their patients from future vision impairment.
- To avoid complications regarding any kind of eye infections, help from a reputed Ophthalmologist is required.
- Ophthalmologists in Kolkata are known for treating different types of eye injuries. They help to reduce potential eye damages. If contacted beforehand, then permanent vision loss can be avoided too.
- Those who are diagnosed with a high level of sugar content in their blood, should consult with eye specialists regularly. A high level of sugar in blood harm the blood vessels, which causes severe vision impairment.
- The best Ophthalmologists can provide help to pregnant women in treating eye problems, which might occur at the time of pregnancy. Dryness in the eyes is one of the commonly found eye problems found at this time. Some women in the time of pregnancy also develop diabetic eye problems, with the help of the right Ophthalmologists in Kolkata, such problems can be avoided too.
- Last but not least is the help of the Ophthalmologists in acquiring the right prescription for eyelash growth treatment and contact lenses. They can tell and warn their patients regarding the possible risk factors.
Which types of health risks can be detected by eye tests?
The Ophthalmologists in Kolkata are experts in treating different eye conditions. At the same time, they inform about any major health risk that their patient is suffering or can suffer in the upcoming days. Through holistic eye tests, the following health risks can be detected -
- Lyme Disease
- Brain tumor
- High blood pressure and cholesterol
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
What are the fundamental responsibilities of an Ophthalmologist?
They diagnose different eye conditions and thereafter prescribe corrective lenses, medications and if required then laser surgery. An experienced Ophthalmologist should be
- Managing specialist and emergency eye clinics
- Keeping a holistic approach to treat different types of eye conditions
- Providing routine care
- Prescribing right lenses
- Carrying out vision testing
- Performing biopsies
- Pursuing different therapeutic procedures
- Performing different types of eye surgeries
- Treating corneas
What are the factors to consider while contacting an ophthalmologist in Kolkata?
To reduce the risk of permanent eye damage it is best to contact the Ophthalmologists as soon as possible. However, it is best to consider the following factors while contacting an eye specialist in Kolkata -
- Reading patients’ testimonials
- Having a thorough background research
- Credentials and years of experience of the professional
- Comparison of the fees
- Should be getting a referral from the doctor
What are the approximate consultation fee and test charges in Kolkata?
The approximate fee of the ophthalmologists in Kolkata ranges between - 300 to 1500 and above.
- For Cataract Surgery - Minimum 12,000
- Glaucoma Surgery - Starts from 10,000
- Diabetic retinopathy - Starts from 50,000
How can Orko’s Appointment help you in finding the best ophthalmologists in Kolkata?
On the user-friendly portal of Orko’s Appointment, you can easily find the renowned ophthalmologists in Kolkata for having all sorts of medical treatments for eye and vision-related ailments. With just a search with “ophthalmologists near me”, you get a list of experienced physicians in Kolkata. Besides, Orko’s Appointment provides verified contact details, chamber addresses, and mailing addresses of the professionals. You can also find reviews and fees of the medical consultants on the portal, which will help you decide which one to choose. Even, you can book your appointment online too.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the sub-specialties in Opthalmology?
A: The sub-specialties of Opthalmology include - neuro-Opthalmology, reconstructive, and plastic surgery, glaucoma, cornea, ocular oncology, retina, and pediatrics.
2. What kind of eye ailments are treated by ophthalmologists in Kolkata?
A: The Ophthalmologists in Kolkata are known for their successful and skilled diagnosis and treatment of different types of eye and vision-related problems. They treat different types of retinal conditions such as diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, glaucoma, and such. Besides, eye problems found among the children are treated too. Alongside, for corneal conditions, cataracts, and reconstructive surgery or advanced repair of the vision, you should be contacting the best ophthalmologists in Kolkata too.
3. Which procedures are followed by the ophthalmologists in Kolkata?
A: Procedures depend on different eye conditions. Some of the common procedures followed by the ophthalmologists in Kolkata are - removing neoplasm, corneal transplant, chronic infection in the tear duct, glaucoma surgery, treating different eye conditions, and repairing detached retinas.
4. When should I book an appointment with an ophthalmologist?
A: If you are facing any of the following eye problems, then you should have a doctor’s appointment soon -
- Difficulty in vision
- Blurred vision
- Bulging eyes
- Misaligned eyes
- Problems in the eyelids
- Eye redness
- Excessive tearing
- Loss of peripheral vision
- Black specs or strings
5. Do I need to have a referral to contact an ophthalmologist?
A: No, generally you do not need any referral to contact an ophthalmologist. However, in some places with certain physicians, you might require a referral. On Orko’s Appointment, you do not need to have any referral. You can directly have an appointment.