Psychiatrists in Kolkata
Psychiatrists are known for diagnosing and treating different types of mental conditions. The best psychiatrists in Kolkata are known for providing timely assistance and proper medications to patients of critical mental health. They treat bipolar disease, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, child mental health problems, clinical depression, and such. There are psychiatrists to prescribe the best medicines while the psychologists in Kolkata are renowned for their therapeutic counselings.
What is the difference between a psychiatrist and a psychologist?
Though both of them deal with the illness of the mind, the way of their treating and medications are different.
Psychiatrists - The duty of a psychiatrist is to successfully diagnose mental conditions caused by trauma, hormonal and medical imbalance, accidents, or any particular incident. Thereafter they prescribe medicines and refer therapies accordingly. They do not pursue counseling.
Psychologists - Unlike the aforementioned, psychologists treat critical psychological conditions with the help of therapeutic counseling. Medications help in stabilizing a condition, counseling helps in successfully introspecting the recovery and changes.
For critical patients, both of the above-mentioned are required.
Different types of psychiatry
In Kolkata, the field of psychiatry can be classified into six different categories -
- General Psychiatry - This deals with mental disorders, behavioral changes, and depression
- Child psychiatry - Deals with the problems oriented with mental growth and behavioral problems of children.
- Medical psychiatry - A medical doctor who has also specialized in psychiatry.
- Old age psychiatry - Deals with patients who are above the age of 60. Alzheimer’s disease, dementia - are two of the main mental problems suffered by elderly patients. Patients need strong medications and varied therapies.
- Forensic psychiatry - This is required in the time of dealing with criminals. To understand criminal psychology, forensic psychiatry is required.
- Psychiatry for intellectual disability - This is required to treat memory and learning-related problems. Attention deficiency and learning difficulties are mainly treated by this field.
Different disorders and conditions treated by the best psychiatrists in Kolkata
In Kolkata, psychiatrists treat different kinds of disorders and problems. From diagnosing critical symptoms to prescribing the right medication, the psychiatrists in Kolkata are experienced experts who thoroughly diagnose and treat every condition. Besides, treating depression and anxiety, there are many other problems, which need the help of an efficient psychiatrist -
- Autism-It is mainly found in children because it is a developmental issue. Patients face problems in socially interacting and communicating. This problem needs to be recognized in an early stage with the help of a psychiatrist. With their help, parents can take the proper care of their autistic children.
- Split personality disorder - It is also known as the disassociated identity disorder. Patients suffering from this problem lose their personalities and host more than one personality at a time. As time goes on and as per the patient’s belief, the behaviour and actions change. According to the best psychiatrist doctors in Kolkata, generally, this illness is caused by any severe childhood trauma or PSTD.
- Schizophrenia - This is one of the most serious mental conditions according to the psychiatrists of Kolkata. Schizophrenic patients deal in an unreal way with social circumstances. Hallucination, delusion, disoriented thought, and absentmindedness are some of the major symptoms of this illness. Patients need to go through thorough therapies as well as medications according to the instructions given by the doctors.
- Depression - This refers to clinical depression, which forces people to overthink, overreact, and have suicidal tendencies. Clinical depression leads to death as patients find no other choice but to terminate their lives. If not taken care of timely, then the end can be traumatic.
- Bipolar disorder - In this disease, patients have two different kinds of moods. One is high and another one is low. Changes in sleeping cycle, behavior, energy as well as thinking procedures take place. Patients require therapy as well as medications.
How can Orko’s Appointment help you in finding the best Psychiatrists in Kolkata?
On the user-friendly portal of Orko’s Appointment, you can easily find the renowned psychiatrists in Kolkata for having all sorts of medical treatments for different psychological problems. With just a search with “top psychiatrists in Kolkata”, you get a list of experienced physicians in Kolkata. Besides, Orko’s Appointment provides verified contact details, chamber addresses, and mailing addresses of the professionals. You can also find reviews and fees of the medical consultants on the portal, which will help you decide which one to choose. Even, you can book your appointment online too.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do the psychiatrists in Kolkata provide consultation for children?
A: To take care of your child’s mental health, it is best to consult with a pediatric psychopharmacologist in Kolkata. They specialize in treating the mental growth and problems of children.
2. Do I need to provide my medical history to the psychiatrist?
Yes, it is extremely important to inform the psychiatrist about your and your family’s medical history. It helps any medical professional to understand the case in a better way.
3. Do I need to undergo any kind of test before visiting a psychiatrist?
A: Generally, it is not required to undergo any test before the consultation. As per the diagnosis, the psychiatrists will prescribe therapies and tests.
4. Do the psychiatrists near me treat bipolar disease?
A: Yes, the best psychiatrist doctors in Kolkata treat bipolar diseases because it is one of the major mental problems. In Kolkata, professionals treat all sorts of mental conditions.
5. How much time generally do the psychiatrists take in treating a medical condition?
A: It depends on the patients’ conditions and the expertise of the medical professionals. There are many critical disorders, where a patient requires to continue with the medications and certain therapies. s
6. What is the consultation fee of the best psychiatrists in Kolkata?
A: The approximate consultation fee ranges between 250 to 3000 and above.