Pulmonologist in Kolkata
Pulmonology is one of the major branches of medical science. It deals with respiratory system-related problems. The chest specialists in Kolkata are practicing in their clinics, government hospitals, or private nursing homes. The respiratory physicians perform several tests to identify the root cause of the respiratory-related ailments. Properly skilled and experienced pulmonologists in Kolkata treat severe respiratory difficulties. It includes -
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Occupational lung disease
- Interstitial Lung disease
- Obstructive sleep apnea
The best chest specialists in Kolkata are experienced in diagnosing and treating respiratory disorders, which can be autoimmune, infectious, neoplastic, structural, and inflammatory. If your primary healthcare provider (general practitioner) is not proving helpful to your respiratory problems, then you should visit a specialist as soon as you can. If you will continue to ignore, then severity can increase and can even be life-threatening. Orko’s Appointment is here to guide you with the most efficient pulmonologists in Kolkata. You can book your appointment and even can have video consultations with them.
Why should one consult with a pulmonologist in Kolkata?
If you are facing breathing difficulties such as asthma, chronic coughing, having water or other fluids in the lung, wheezing problem, and breathing difficulties, then it is time to visit a pulmonologist in Kolkata.
What are the procedures followed by the best pulmonologist in Kolkata?
The Pulmonologists in Kolkata follow procedures, which are required to properly diagnose, and thereafter treat the problem accurately. There are many types of procedures followed by the pulmonology doctors in Kolkata, they are -
- Sleep study - To diagnose sleeping disorders such as apnea
- CT scan - To investigate the blood vessels, and other chest organs
- Pulmonary function test - To test the condition of the lungs
- Pulse oximetry - To know the oxygen saturation level
- Chest Tube - Remove air or fluid around the lungs
- Chest Ultrasound - To find flaws in the chest structure
- Chest Fluoroscopy - X-ray to find out how the lungs are functioning
- Thoracentesis - To remove fluid from the lungs
- Bronchoscopy - To diagnose airways, throats, and larynx
- Pleural biopsy - To remove small tissues from the membrane
Who is a pediatric pulmonologist?
A pediatric pulmonologist is a skilled professional who has experience and credentials in diagnosing and treating children’s breathing problems. They have the right qualifications to diagnose different types of lungs related problems of the children. They treat difficulty while breathing, asthma, chronic cough, pneumonia, apnea, or noisy breathing.
What are the reasons to call a pulmonologist near you?
People generally prefer to go to their primary care doctors in case suffering from any mild respiratory-related problems. If you find that your respiratory-related problem such as asthma is not recovering instead of constant supervision and medications, then it is time to visit a reputed pulmonologist doctor near you. For the following asthma-related problems, you must be visiting a pulmonology professional in Kolkata -
- Asthma attack
- Your condition is not improving instead of having treatment and medication for more than six months
- You need specific treatment such as bronchial thermoplasty
- Your asthma is in the moderate persistent or severe persistent state
- Besides, asthma you are suffering from other respiratory problems
Do pulmonologists in Kolkata provide help for lung cancer care?
Yes, they do provide. They offer thorough diagnosis through tests to determine whether a patient’s body will be able to go through surgical intervention or not. The pulmonologists play a giant role in identifying, managing symptoms of lung cancer, later thoroughly take care while the treatment is going on, and even provide aftercare suggestions too.
Pulmonologists are often considered under the general physician category. Orko’s Appointment is here to assist you with the top and most renowned pulmonologists of Kolkata.
How can Orko’s Appointment help you in finding the best pulmonologists in Kolkata?
On the user-friendly portal of Orko’s Appointment, you can easily find the renowned pulmonologists in Kolkata for having all sorts of medical treatments for respiratory system-related ailments. With just a search with “pulmonologists near me”, you get a list of experienced physicians in Kolkata. Besides, Orko’s Appointment provides verified contact details, chamber addresses, and mailing addresses of the professionals. You can also find reviews and fees of the medical consultants on the portal, which will help you decide which one to choose. Even, you can book your appointment online too.
Costs of different tests of pulmonology in Kolkata
The price might vary from clinic to clinic in Kolkata and also it depends on the medical professionals. Generally, the charges depend on the experience and credibility of the professionals and the clinics. Pulmonologists in Kolkata prefer to diagnose thoroughly and then recommend any test to investigate further.
- Consultation - 500 - 2500 and above
- CT Scan - 800 (government) - 5000
- PFT or Pulmonary function test - 500 - 1500